Sargent Texas Message Board

www.SargentTexas.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/10/2013 7:27 pm  #1

New Bridge to replace Swing Bridge

Does anyone know any details, plans or schedule for the proposed new bridge that will eventually replace the swing bridge?  I'm especially curious which way it will turn before it hits the beach.  How will this impact the people living on the south side of the ICW??

Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks

3/19/2013 10:24 am  #2

Re: New Bridge to replace Swing Bridge

TX DOT contact is Paul Frerich, P.E.  Phone 361-293-4347

Project estimate $32 million
Bid date               06-2016
Shows to be funded
Google "Current TxDOT Projects: Matagorda County"
look for project # 06050160
The plan is to do a cork screww ramp at ther beach? I was told the house across from peir 57 would be gone. 
will not start for a year or two?

8/02/2013 2:47 pm  #3

TxDOT website says scheduled to bid construction 03/2016.  Won't see a bridge until at least 2017.

8/20/2013 6:12 pm  #4

The swing bridge seems suffecient. Why on earth would they spend 32 Mil to get to less than 50 homes?

8/21/2013 6:45 am  #5

I would imagine it is to widen passage of the icw at that point to make it easier for barge traffic to pass through that point

8/26/2013 12:49 pm  #6

The bridge project is TX DOT Matagorda # 06050760.  The design phase is scheduled to be complete 2/2016.  The project will be ready to bid 3/2016.

Is anyone in that area concerned about this new bridge or is this something the local residents and businesses want?

My mother's property on the beach will be taken by the state under Eminent Domain.  I'm just taking the temperature of the sentiment of those affected by the new bridge.

9/10/2013 8:22 am  #7

kk_jordan wrote:

The swing bridge seems suffecient. Why on earth would they spend 32 Mil to get to less than 50 homes?

Actually, there are over 140 homes on the island.

9/25/2013 10:25 am  #8

patient1 wrote:

Is anyone in that area concerned about this new bridge or is this something the local residents and businesses want?

My mother's property on the beach will be taken by the state under Eminent Domain.  I'm just taking the temperature of the sentiment of those affected by the new bridge.

I want it, but for my own selfish reasons.  Primarily not having to wait for the bridge.  Of course if my property was being taken I might feel differently, depending on how much they paid me for it.

2/21/2014 11:08 am  #9

The bridge will affect property values significantly I would think

6/17/2014 1:26 pm  #10

Right now, I believe they are in the environmental discussion phase. Is the new bridge 100% for sure? 

Board footera